Study Guide: The Sanctified Life
The Fiery Furnace
1. Why did God make Nebuchadnezzar forget the details of his dream? (34)
2. Nebuchadnezzar accused the magicians, astrologers, and sorcerers of seeking time to come up with an answer to his dream. See Daniel 2:8. SG-SL 9.2
What did Daniel ask for?
What was the difference? (35)
3. Daniel and his three companions asked God for the dream and its interpretation. Why were they able to do this? (35)
5. For today: What can we learn about astrologers in this story? (36)
6. How did the king’s image differ from what he saw in the dream? What is the significance of this? (36)
7. What lesson can we learn from the fact that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had to meet a test without Daniel? (37)
8. Why do you think the king gave the three men a second chance to bow before the image?
9. How was the king able to identify the fourth Person in the furnace? (38)
10. What two questions will not be asked by those who possess genuine sanctification? (39)