Study Guide: The Sanctified Life
Chapters 5 and 6
Daniel in the Lions’ Den and His Prayers
1. What did Daniel do that was better than boasting of his sanctification? (42)
2. The better Daniel was, the more his enemies hated him. Why? (43)
3. What methods did Daniel’s enemies use to get a decree against Daniel from Darius? (43)
4. Why would it have been wrong for Daniel to pray in secret after the decree was passed? (44)
5. What gentle rebuke did Daniel give Darius when he was brought up out of the lions’ den unharmed? (45)
6. In his prayer, how did Daniel identify himself with God’s chosen people who had sinned? (46)
7. Can you think of other leaders in the Bible who did the same? (See Exodus 32 and Nehemiah 1)
8. The description of Christ given to Daniel was similar to that given to what New Testament apostle? (49)
9. How were the circumstances of Daniel’s vision similar to the vision given to Saul at Damascus? (50) See Acts 9:3-8.
10. What will a clear view of the greatness, glory, and perfection of Christ do for us? (50)
11. Note the physical phenomena in connection with Daniel’s vision of chapter 10--no breath and extra strength. What is the more modern manifestation of these?