Study Guide: Acts of the Apostles
Reading: The Acts of the Apostles, pp. 346-58
1. What example was set by Paul for those who wish to engage in some type of self-supporting ministry (346:1-347:2)?
2. In what city do we first read that Paul maintained himself by manual labor (347:2)?
4. Give the reasoning of those who refused to work (348:1)?
5. Why did Paul feel he must labor with his hands while he was in Corinth (349:1, 2)?
7. In what other city did Paul carry on a self-supporting ministry (351:1)?
9. Who profited from Paul’s physical labor (352:1)?
11. What is the result of the spirit of indolence (352:3; 353:1)?
13. Against what influence was Paul’s example as a self-supporting worker an argument (355:1)?
Thought Question: What type of self-supporting ministry can you engage in so the gospel may be spread abroad in your community?