Study Guide: Acts of the Apostles
Reading: The Acts of the Apostles, pp. 298-334; 1 and 2 Corinthians SG-AA 30
1. Complete the following sentences: “The ___________________ must be ___________________. Every weak, doubting, struggling soul who ___________________ fully to the Lord is placed in direct ___________________ with ___________________ that enable him to ___________________ is near to him, and he has the ___________________ and ___________________ of ___________________ of mercy in every time of ___________________ and ___________________” (299:1). SG-AA 30.1
2. What effect did Paul’s presence have upon the believers in Corinth (299:2)?
4. Describe the nature of the letter that the Corinthian believers sent to Paul while he was in Ephesus (300:2)?
5. Identify five problems that had come into the Corinthian church (300:3):
e. SG-AA 30.5
6. How does Ellen White describe the book of First Corinthians (301:0)?
7. How is it that we can consider what Paul wrote in First Corinthians as being inspired when God did not give him direct communications about some of the matters in Corinth (302:3-303:0)?
10. List the weights that hinder Christian progress and that must be laid aside (312:1).
11. What effect will one cherished sin have on a person’s character (312:1)?
14. What does Paul include in the term idolatry (317:1)?
Thought Question: How would you have handled the problems that plagued the church in Corinth?