Reading: The Acts of the Apostles, pp. 281-297; Acts 19:1-20:1
1. How did God prepare the way for the Jews of the dispersion to hear and respond to the good news about Jesus (281:3-282:0)?
2. What message was being preached by the “disciples” Paul found in Ephesus (282:1)?
3. Whose disciples were they (282:1)?
4. How do we know that they had not been baptized in the name of Jesus (282:2-283:1)?
5. How were these disciples now qualified to labor as Christian missionaries in Ephesus (283:1)?
6. What lesson of great value can be learned from the experience of these disciples (283:2-284:0)?
7. How does Ellen White describe the working of the Holy Spirit within the life of a born-again Christian (284:1-285:0)?
8. Why did these disciples decide to be rebaptized (285:1)?
9. How did God use Paul to work against the superstitions that were connected with the goddess Diana (286:2-287:0)?
10. What information was contained in the books that were burned (288:4-289:0)?
11. Identify two ways in which the ministry of Paul had an impact on heathen worship in Ephesus.
b. 292:2; 295:1
12. Who was the ringleader of the opposition against Paul (292:3-293:0)?
13. Who defended Paul (295:2)?
Thought Question: What form has spiritualism taken in our modern world?