1. What important doctrine had the believers in Thessalonica misunderstood, and what was Paul’s instruction on this doctrine (257:3-258:2)?
2. How did Paul’s instruction affect the church (259:1-3)?
3. What does Paul teach regarding an indifferent attitude toward the signs of Jesus’ coming (259:4-260:1)?
4. What did the Thessalonians mistakenly think Paul taught about the second advent of Jesus, and how did he correct their misunderstanding (264:1-265:1)?
5. What must develop in the religious world before Jesus would return (265:2-266:2)?
6. Where did Paul first meet Aquila and Priscilla (243:2)?
7. What service did Aquila and Priscilla render in Ephesus (269:2-270:1)?
8. How effective was Apollos’ ministry (270:2)?
9. What problem arose after Apollos arrived in Corinth (270:2)?
10. Summarize Paul’s work for the Corinthian church (270:3-273:1).
11. How had the advancement of some of the Corinthian believers been hindered(271:1)?
12. What does the grace of God do to the natural disposition of the human being (273:2)?
13. How did Paul look upon the discussion in the Corinthian church as to the merits of different ministers (273:3-274:0)?
14. As the messenger of the Lord, how did Ellen White look upon the tendency to compare one worker in God’s cause with another (274:1-276:2)?
15. In what ways is God dishonored by some church members (277:2)?
16. Why is a church benefited by having different ministers over the years (277:2-278:1)?
17. What danger lurks for those who have an independent spirit and refuse to listen to the voice of the church (278:4; 279:2)?
18. Describe the personal relationship between Paul and Apollos (280:2).
Thought Question: What do you think would be the best way to settle a disagreement in your church that is rooted in a party spirit?