The Adventist Home -- Study Guide
Section XVIII — Thou shalt be recompensed
Date__________ AH-SG 55.1
A. Read pages 533-550. AH-SG 55.2
B. Check your knowledge: AH-SG 55.3
1. Complete: “They [parents] are doing God the __________ service by presenting to the world well-ordered, well-disciplined families.” (533:1.) AH-SG 55.4
a. “Parents should labor with reference to the __________ harvest.” (533:4.)
b. “The life on earth is the _______________________ of the life in _____________.” (535:1.)
c. “Language is altogether too ________________ to attempt a description of ______________.” (538:1.) AH-SG 55.5
3. What purpose did the Garden of Eden serve after Adam and Eve were banished from it? (539:1.)
4. At the final restitution, how will the restored Garden of Eden appear? (539:1.)
5. What act on the part of Adam when he sees the earth restored will show his adoration for the Redeemer? (541:1.)
a. “All that was lost by sin is _____________________. Not only man but the __________ is redeemed, to be the __________ of the obedient.” ( .)
b. “God created the earth to be the abode of holy, ____________ beings. That purpose will be fulfilled when, renewed by the power of God and freed from sin and sorrow, it shall become the ____________________________ of the redeemed.” (540:3.)
c. “On those __________ plains, beside those _________________ streams, God’s people, so long pilgrims and wanderers, shall find a ______________.” (542:1.)
d. “Where our finite minds discovered only confusion and __________________________________, we shall see the most perfect and _____________________________.” (542:2.)
e. “Let all that is beautiful in our __________ remind us of the crystal river and __________, the waving trees and the living fountains, the shining city and the white-robed singers, of our heavenly home — that world of beauty which no __________ can picture, no mortal tongue __________.” (545:1.) AH-SG 55.9
a. “The Christian family is to be a training ______________ from which _____________________ are to graduate to a higher school in the _____________________ of God.” (547:3.) AH-SG 55.10
b. “As knowledge is progressive, so will love, reverence, and __________ increase. The more men learn of God, the greater will be their ________________________________________ of His character.” (548:2.)
c. “I urge you to _________________ for the coming of Christ in the clouds of heaven. Dayby day cast the love of the _______________ out of your hearts. Understand by experience what it means to have _______________________ with Christ.” (550:2.) AH-SG 56.1
C. Rate the “reality” of your home on the new earth:
Talk of it every day _______
Often think about it_______
Seldom mention it _______
Never think of it__________ AH-SG 56.2
1. What do you talk about the most? _______________________ ___________________________________________________ AH-SG 56.3
2. What do you say the least about? _______________________ __________________________________________________ AH-SG 56.4
D. Discuss with others: AH-SG 56.5
1. What does the sentence on page 534 mean that says, “Your labor will be rewarded a thousand fold”?
2. What things in the Eden home restored do you think your family will enjoy most?
4. What did Sister White notice in her vision of the new earth concerning—
a. The houses? (546:1.)
b. The flowers growing in the fields? (546:2.)
c. The animals? (546:2.)
d. The woods? (547:1.) AH-SG 56.9
5. What joys of—
a. Travel will the redeemed have? (548:1.)
b. Knowledge will the redeemed share? (548:1.)
c. Companionship will they know? (548:3.)
d. Occupation will be theirs? (549:1.)
e. Achievement will they have? (549:2.) AH-SG 56.10
6. “The Christian family is to be a training school from which children are to graduate to a higher school in the mansions of God.” (547:3.) How can we best make it so?
E. Think on these things: AH-SG 57.1
2. Will I be able to say, “Here am I, and the children whom Thou hast given me”? (536:1.)
3. Will my child shake the hand of Adam?
4. Have I ever drawn a floor plan of my home in the new earth?
5. Is the kind of home I have the kind that can and will continue forever?