Study Guide: Acts of the Apostles
Reading: The Acts of the Apostles, pp. 201-20; Acts 15:36-16:40
2. Give the reasons why Paul objected to taking Mark on the second missionary journey (202:1).
3. Do you agree with Paul, or do you think he was too hard on Mark?
5. Why did Paul advise Timothy to be circumcised (204:1)?
7. Identify the characteristics of the ministry of the early workers in the church of Christ (209:1).
8. Give the prescription for success in the ministry today (209:2).
13. After the city fathers of Philippi arrested and beat Paul and Silas, what did they learn, and why did they decide to release them privately the next morning (214:2)?
14. Following the earthquake and the opening of the prison doors, what kept the prisoners from escaping (216:0)?
Thought Question: What is your reaction to the split between Paul and Barnabas?