Study Guide: Acts of the Apostles
Reading: The Acts of the Apostles, pp. 9-34; John 15
1. List six objectives for which God has organized the church (9:1).
f. SG-AA 3.1
3. Complete the following sentence: “Enfeebled and ___________________ as it may appear, the ___________________ is the one ___________________ upon which God bestows in a special sense His ___________________” (12:1). SG-AA 3.3
4. What is meant by the statement, God’s church “is the theater of His grace” (12:1)?
5. In what ways did ancient Israel rob God and man (14:2-15:0)?
6. What kind of people did Jesus choose to carry on His work on earth (17:1)?
7. At what point was the first step taken in the organization of Christ’s church (18:1)?
8. What was the “middle wall of partition” that separated Israel from other nations (18:1-19:3)?
9. How did Jesus propose to bring the disciples into a unity that would make it possible for His work to be done on earth (20:2)?
11. Name two conditions essential to success in spreading the gospel (29:1).
12. Why must the influence of the Holy Spirit accompany the preaching of the gospel (31:1)?
Thought Question: Evaluate your own local congregation in view of the reasons why God has organized His church. How does it measure up?.